03 September 2008

Forgive Me If I Smile A Bit

32.

Thirty-two.

Trente-deux.

Treinta y dos.

I really like that number. Love it, actually.

It's been 6 months' today since I started on the 'eating change' (read: not diet) plan, and I am happy to report I have lost 32 pounds so far. I'm normally not one given to bragging (or at least I try not to be), but I'm happy. Especially so since I haven't been starving myself or (Heaven forbid) been exercising much, either. Honestly, just a helluva lot less junk food and far less carbs. Tracking my daily consumption over at The Daily Plate has been helpful, too, and is actually less cumbersome than you'd most likely imagine.

And, (forgive me while this sounds like an awards acceptance speech) I'd like to thank all of my dear friends and family who have been supportive to me while I've been doing this. I know talking me into eating salads when I was really wanting potatoes has not been an easy job...even though I asked you to...and I know I sometimes have been very defensive about my weight. And let's not even get started about how many old clothes I now need to toss and/or donate...that's still a work in progress. But at least I have a reason to...and thanks to all around. Even the haters.

Thirty-two down, with ideally about another 20-25 to go.

It can, and will, be done.

No comments: