08 February 2007

Stepping out of the pulpit for a few days

Alas, kind readers, Father Time has rolled around that most mournful of celebrations: that most dreaded day known as My Birthday. For both my sanity and my schedule, I'm going out of town for a few days (as soon as the car gets repaired and after I make one last ditch effort to secure a ticket to tonight's Squirrel Nut Zippers show at the Cradle...the latter which looks highly unlikely even on Craigslist).

As usual with me, I plan on making it a working vacation...this time meeting some officials regarding the last ditch effort to get an Aussie work visa...but I should be back posting sometime early next week. As a brief warning...there are some minor updates that I may work on with the links from the motel, train station, etc., so if the page looks all wonky or something when you come visit next, take it with a grain of salt and know I'm aware of it and just tinkering. (We all know how I love to tinker.)

I trust and hope that all will be well and at peace in my absence. Pray in the meantime that Dubya doesn't get us further involved in a massive war in the Middle East and that Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, and Paris Hilton all keep their underwear on in public...which neither national obsession of which has exceptionally good odds working for them.

Love to all,

Birthday Girl


P.S.: Condolences go out to family members and fellow fans of the late Frankie Laine, who died on February 6 at the age of 93. The surviving family members released a statement on his website. For a man who left home to pursue a dream of being a marathon dance champion (which he did...setting a world record in 1932 of dancing with his partner for 3,501 hours and a $1,000 (USD) prize ...huge money in the Great Depression...but still singing to onlookers during the breaks), the mighty Western balladeer of such classics of "Rawhide" and my father's personal fave, "Gunfight at the OK Corral", led a very full, and very fulfilling life. He will be missed.

No comments: