13 May 2006

Saturday Afternoon: Thoughts to Ponder On

Quotes to ponder on, as I contemplate exactly what I want to do now in life:
When it's just me in my own world, it gets to be a very dangerous neighbourhood. - David Bowie

Never mind me. I'm living through my twilight hours. - David Bowie

I kiss you once. I kiss you twice. I love you more than beans and rice. - Violet (Brooke Shields) in the movie "Pretty Baby"

Go for it! You only live once and life is going to kill you anyway. - Anonymous

I want to love first, and live incidentally. - Anonymous

Danger and delight grow on one stalk. - Anonymous

I love criticism, as long as it is good. - Noel Coward

We never assert ourselves more than when we forget ourselves. - Andre Gide

One step at a time is progress. - Anonymous

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore. - Rumi

Traveling down the road of humility, one will never find gridlock. - Anonymous

To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right. - Confucius

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. - Francis of Assisi

There's time for watching and a time for doing. Think of it this way: Your life is the ultimate reality show. And you better get out of that chair and start doing your part -- because one of these days, you're going to get voted off the island. - Phil Keoghan

Courage is grace under pressure. - Ernest Hemingway

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do. - Eleanor Roosevelt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»